Mar 29 2013
For many of us dealing with wrinkles or other signs of aging on the face, we want treatment but don’t know where to start. Without knowing our skin’s exact needs, it’s tough to create a plan of action. Luckily, modern technology has brought us the VISIA™ Complexion Analysis System, a system designed to help your doctor determine exactly what your skincare needs are.
VISIA is a photographic imaging tool that allows for the measurement of key problem areas in the skin. By looking at these factors and comparing them to your age and ethnicity, your doctor will be able to come up with a precise treatment plan to help your skin look fresher and younger. For those who are still unsure about this system, here are the answers to some popular patient questions.
Top 5 Patient Questions about the VISIA Complexion Analysis System
- How does it work? The VISIA Complexion Analysis System uses multi-spectral imaging to gather information about the key problem areas in the face. From the measurements, it compiles a report detailing the complexion characteristics of your skin, which your doctor can then look at to plan out your treatment.
- What does it look for? The VISIA system measures six different factors, including wrinkles, dark spots, skin tone, pore size, porphyrins (evidence of bacteria), and UV spots due to sun damage.
- What does the process entail? During your analysis, you’ll simply be resting your head while the camera takes the images of your skin. It only takes a few minutes to complete, and the entire procedure is easy and painless. Coupled with your doctor’s analysis of the results, you’ll be completely done in usually under an hour.
- Will I be able to track my skin’s progress? Yes! VISIA saves all your images, and you’ll likely have new VISIA images done after each new procedure. You’ll then be able to compare the old images to the new ones, tracking the improvement of your skin over time.
- What treatments are available? Once your doctor examines your VISIA images, they will suggest procedures based on the areas of your skin that could use improvement. For those with sun damage or issues with skin pigmentation, microdermabrasion may be the best option. Your doctor may recommend a chemical peel if you are looking to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, age spots, freckles, or many other issues that could appear in your VISIA images. There are a number of different procedures that can improve the look of your skin, like IPL Photofacials and BOTOX®, so make sure to speak to a doctor and find out which are best suited to your needs.
VISIA Complexion Analysis System In Danville
Interested in having a complimentary VISIA analysis? Contact us today to schedule your consultation. Our offices are located in Danville, and you can reach us directly at (925)272-2695. We look forward to meeting you.