Why do patients explore cosmetic dermatology for the first time? Usually, it’s to address some minor skin issue that’s been bothering them for a while. And, let’s face it, who hasn’t had some little skin annoyance at one point or another?
From wrinkles to sun damage, cosmetic issues can affect us at any age. Want to find out what other patients are concerned about? Here is our list of the Top 5 Cosmetic Complaints Among Patents:
- “My wrinkles make me look old.” Wrinkles are the most common cosmetic complaint among patients, by far. Facial creases can not only make us look old, but feel old as well. Thankfully, cosmetic dermatology offers a host of powerful wrinkle treatments. The most common way to deal with facial wrinkles is with BOTOX® or a soft-tissue filler. BOTOX is essentially a muscle relaxer that works well to prevent intermittent creases like “frown lines.” Fillers like Restylane®, on the other hand, “fill in” creases and are better suited for deeper, more persistent wrinkles.
- “I can’t stand these brown spots.” When it comes to premature aging, brown spots on the skin are one of the biggest red flags. Often caused by years of sun exposure, brown spots can be unsightly and embarrassing. A Chemical Peel is one of the most effective and time-tested ways to treat this. Chemical peels remove the damaged outer layers of the skin to produce a healthy, rejuvenated look.
- “My skin has seen better days.” As we age, our skin can become dull, rough and irregular. Thankfully, Microdermabrasion can often be of help. The procedure uses a stream of fine particles to exfoliate and refresh the skin. Moreover, microderm has been shown to improve mild to moderate sun damage, wrinkles and other skin problems.
- “My eyes make me look tired.” Our eyes say a lot about us. If yours are drooping and sagging, they could be saying the wrong thing. Eyelid Lift Surgery – also known as blepharoplasty – is a popular procedure aimed at correcting the appearance of eyelids that have sagged and drooped. During the procedure, we remove excess skin, fat and muscle from the upper and lower eyelids. The goal is a fresher, more youthful appearance.
- “I’m too old to have acne.” While we most often associate pimples with our teenage years, acne can affect us at any age. Just like its teenaged counterpart, adult acne causes blocked pores and pimples on the face, neck and other parts of the body. Thankfully, there are several Acne Treatments available. These include topicals, antibiotics, isotretinoin and/or oral contraceptives.
Schedule A Cosmetic Dermatology Consultation Today
To learn more about these or any of the cosmetic issues we treat, don’t wait — contact us today. Our offices are located in Danville, and we accommodate many patients in the Walnut Creek area. Book your appointment at (925)272-2695.