Considering Liposuction? Read This First!
As one of today’s most requested cosmetic procedures, liposuction is now the number-one cosmetic surgical procedure in the United States. A go-to solution for permanent fat reduction, liposuction uses a special tube known as a “cannula” to remove fat cells, resculpt the body and achieve a slimmer, trimmer figure. An effective and time-tested solution to troublesome fat and unwanted inches, liposuction targets and removes fat from nearly any area of the body – the neck, back, midsection, thighs and more. So, ready to find out what liposuction can do for you?
Here is our list of your Top 5 Liposuction Questions Answered:
- Are all types of liposuction the same? No. Our practice relies on a cutting-edge form of liposuction known as “tumescent liposuction.” Safe and less-invasive than traditional techniques, tumescent liposuction is performed completely under local anesthesia and allows for easy and precise fat removal.
- Is liposuction a good weight loss solution? Liposuction is not intended as a weight loss solution. Rather, it’s a procedure aimed at tackling stubborn fat that has not responded to healthy diet and exercise. Working to resculpt and reshape the body, liposuction remains a cosmetic procedure at its core.
- Why should I choose a cosmetic dermatologist for my liposuction procedure? Many patients falsely assume that only plastic surgeons perform liposuction procedures. A common misconception, modern tumescent liposuction was actually pioneered by a dermatologist, Dr. Jeffrey Klein. And, as specialists in skin anatomy, who better to perform your liposuction procedure than a board certified dermatologist?
- How long do results last? The results of liposuction are generally noticeable right away and will continue to improve as swelling goes down. These results can often be permanent, if the patient maintains a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Is liposuction right for me? The best way to find out if you’re a good candidate for liposuction is to schedule an appointment with a board certified dermatologist in your area. For those in and around the Danville area, we encourage you to contact our offices at (925) 385-8980.
Liposuction in Danville
To learn more about liposuction or any of the cosmetic issues we treat, don’t wait — contact us today. Our offices are located in Danville, and we accommodate many patients in the Walnut Creek area. Book your appointment at (925)272-2695.