Sep 30 2014
Sculptra® is an injectable filler that works to correct visible signs of facial fat loss, restore volume, and provide a more youthful appearance to the skin. The aging process can result in numerous issues, including sunken cheeks, hollow eyes, and forehead indentations. Sculptra is injected into the top layer of skin, stimulating collagen growth and reducing visible wrinkles, folds, and lines.
So, is Sculptra right for you? Let’s take a closer look at some common questions about this injectable:
- What sets Sculptra apart from other dermal fillers? Sculptra contains poly-L-lactic acid, a safe, biodegradable ingredient which is absorbed naturally by the body to replace collagen lost over time. Collagen helps add strength and firmness to the skin, so when collagen is lost skin may become saggy or loose.
- Who is a good candidate for Sculptra? Patients with aged, sagging, or wrinkled skin are considered ideal candidates. Those with have serious skin infections, or severe allergies are generally not good candidates for this treatment.
- What will happen during my treatment? Prior to your Sculptra treatment, patients must remove any makeup, and the area targeted for treatment will be cleansed. In some cases, the patient may benefit from either a topical or local anesthetic to reduce their discomfort. Next, Sculptra injections will be administered. Treatment is usually complete within a few minutes.
- Will I experience side-effects? Side-effects are uncommon, but may include bleeding, tenderness, bruising, and swelling. These side-effects are usually temporary, and will gradually fade within a few hours, or days. Ice pack therapy may be necessary to help reduce swelling and discomfort. Patients should also be certain to avoid overexposure to the sun until swelling or redness have subsided.
- How long will it take for me to recover? No, most patients are able to return to their normal activities immediately following their treatment. Individual results of Sculptra may vary, though some patients experience results that last for up to 2 years!
Are You Considering Sculptra? Contact Dr. Potozkin!
If you are considering undergoing Sculptra, contact Dr. Jerome Potozkin today. His office is located in Danville, California, and can be reached at (925)272-2695. Dr. Potozkin looks forward to hearing from you!