Frequently Asked Questions about Juvéderm® Injectable Gel
Today, patients have many options for reducing visible signs of aging. One of the most popular anti-aging treatments on the market is Juvéderm®, an injectable gel that works to correct the appearance of lines and restore a younger, refreshed appearance. Is Juvéderm Injectable Gel right for you? Take a look below to learn more about this treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions about Juvéderm:
- What exactly is Juvéderm? Juvéderm is an injectable gel that works to restore lost volume to the skin, while eliminating the appearance of severe facial wrinkles and folds. Composed of hyaluronic acid, a substance found naturally in our skin, Juvéderm can be used on various areas of the face, including the cheeks and lips.
- What will a Juvéderm injection entail? Juvéderm injections require no anesthesia, and are administered in a doctor’s office. The targeted area will first be numbed, and a fine needle will be used to inject Juvéderm underneath the skin. This gel then fills in lines and wrinkles, visibly restoring volume to the skin. These injections will take about 15 minutes to complete.
- Are any side-effects associated with Juvéderm? The side-effects associated with Juvéderm are generally mild and temporary. Possible side-effects may include redness, swelling, skin discoloration, and bruising.
- How long will my results last? This depends on the individual patient. In most cases, patients should expect results that last up to 6 months after their initial injection. Patients often choose to maintain their results by scheduling return visits.
- Is Juvéderm right for me? Patients with a history of severe allergies or are currently pregnant are not considered good candidates for this filler. The best candidates for Juvéderm are otherwise healthy patients who wish to make improvements to their skin without undergoing a more invasive treatment.
Contact Dr. Potozkin About Juvéderm Treatments Today.
If you want to learn more about Juvéderm Injectable Gel, or any services we offer, contact Dr. Potozkin today to schedule a consultation. Our offices are located in Danville, proudly accommodating the Walnut Creek area. You can reach us at (925)272-2695 today. We look forward to serving you!
Category: Dermal Injectables