Nov 30 2016
The word “chemical” can sound frightening. And when it comes to chemical peels, the thought of putting a chemical on your face can sound downright intimidating. The fact is a chemical peel is a safe, simple and effective treatment for achieving a radiant glow. If you desire a rejuvenated appearance without having surgery, a chemical peel may be just the thing for you. That’s because a chemical peel:
- Reduces skin blotches. Blotchy patches on your skin can give you a dull complexion. A chemical peel can penetrate the surface layer of your skin just enough to remove the darker patches and level out your skin tone.
- Treats acne. A glycolic acid peel (whose ingredients come from sugar cane) is a good choice for skin that’s sensitive or prone to acne because it’s best for clearing up inflammation and treating acne scars.
- Removes age spots. A chemical peel is ideal for reducing pigmentation on your skin and promoting an even skin tone.
- Eliminates appearance of sun damage. Spending too much time in the sun can lead to fine lines and wrinkles. By removing the layer of sun-damaged skin, a chemical peel can leave your face looking refreshed.
- Is fast and easy. A chemical peel can be performed in less than 30 minutes, and you’ll typically be out the door within an hour
- Requires very little down time. Aside from having a very deep chemical peel, which is becoming less common, you can resume your daily activities immediately after a superficial chemical peel. If you have a medium peel, your recovery time is no more than a couple of days, and you’ll start to see results in less than a week.
The bottom line: a chemical peel is a truly effective way to reveal a fresh layer of skin for a more youthful appearance. And with so many chemical peel options available for achieving that radiant glow, what are you waiting for?
Ready to book your appointment?
If you are considering a chemical peel, contact Dr. Jerome Potozkin today. Our office is located in Danville, California, and we can be reached at (925)272-2695. We look forward to hearing from you!