The Results Are In: Cosmetic Dermatology’s Top 5 Procedures
When it comes to cosmetic dermatology, most patients come in wanting to look a bit smoother, a bit fresher and most importantly, a bit younger. Thankfully, there are a host of minimally-invasive cosmetic procedures that can achieve just that. So, what are the most popular procedures patients are asking for? Read on to find out!
Most Popular Cosmetic Dermatology Procedures
Each year, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) releases statistics on the most popular cosmetic procedures in America. Based on the most recent ASPS data, here are the top 5 minimally-invasive cosmetic procedures in the US:
1. Botox & Dysport: Ranking in at number one, Botox and Dysport are injectables that work to prevent creases in the skin. Essentially, these treatments are muscle relaxers that work best against creases that appear intermittently, such as “frown lines.” Based on data from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Botox continues to be the number one Cosmetic Procedure in the US.
2. Dermal fillers: For creases that are deeper and always visible, dermal fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane are often a better option. These treatments work to fill in the spaces or “valleys” of creases. The goal is a fresher, more youthful appearance.
3. Chemical peels: Chemical Peels are a time-tested and effective means of rejuvenating the face. Peels work by removing the damaged outer layers of skin on the face to smooth texture, remove blemishes and reduce scarring.
4. Laser hair removal: Weighing in at number four is a cosmetic procedure that is often overlooked: Laser Hair Removal. Using the LightSheer diode laser, we can often help patients achieve permanent hair reduction. To keep you comfortable, this innovative laser uses a cooling device to soothe the skin after each pulse of light.
5. Microdermabrasion: Microdermabrasion—also known as microderm—is one of the best ways to soften fine lines, smooth the texture of the skin and reduce the appearance of mild to moderate sun damage. During the procedure, we exfoliate the face by introducing a gentle stream of fine particles to the skin. For those wishing to look fresher and younger, microderm is a go-to procedure.
Do Something for Yourself—Explore Cosmetic Dermatology
If you’ve been meaning to talk with a Cosmetic Dermatologist, we encourage you to contact us today. Our dermatology offices are located in Danville, and we accommodate many patients in the Walnut Creek area. Call today to make an appointment at (925)272-2695. We look forward to working with you.