Jun 30 2017
Botox is one of the most popular non-surgical procedures in the United States. Year after year, millions of Americans get Botox treatments to smooth out fine wrinkles and unseemly creases for a more refined and relaxed appearance. Here are five important factors to consider as you decide if Botox is right for you.
- Botox treatments are quick. Botox injections are so quick and convenient; you can schedule a treatment during your lunch break. You will begin to see the full results within three to seven days later. Remember, Botox injections are temporary, and you may begin to see wrinkles reappearing within 3-4 months. As you consistently receive Botox treatments, the muscles become accustomed to remaining relaxed, and the injections may last longer.
- Not everyone should get Botox. People with a neurological disease or women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should not get Botox. The Federal Drug Administration recommends that you consult with your physician to determine if Botox is right for you.
- The side effects of Botox are minimal. The most common side effect that patients experience after a Botox treatment is bruising. With time, the bruising will subside. Headaches can occur, lasting up to 48 hours, but are far less common. 1% of patients will experience a drooping eyelid or eyebrow post procedure. This will disappear within a few weeks after your Botox treatment.
- Botox can fix a lot, but it won’t fix everything.Botox injections are ideal to treat “dynamic” wrinkles, or wrinkles that show when your face moves. Smile lines, forehead creases, chin lines, and eye wrinkles are all excellent examples of ideal areas for Botox to smooth and soften. Botox will not erase wrinkles caused by gravity or sun damage.
- Consult with your physician about your current medications. Aspirin, ibuprofen and other anti-inflammatory medications will need to be avoided two weeks before your Botox appointment. These substances cause the blood to thin and will make it easier for you to bruise. Also, don’t forget to tell your doctor about any herbal or natural supplements you are currently taking. For instance, Gingko, Vitamin E, and fish oil are all valuable natural substances but can also cause bruising.
If you are considering Botox, schedule a consultation with Dr. Jerome Potozkin today. Let us help you discuss your options and answer your questions by calling us at 925-272-2695.