Apr 30 2015
Though women are the primary customers for cosmetic procedures, men aren’t too far behind. In fact, the number of men opting to enhance their appearance through cosmetic surgery is steadily rising. There are several reasons why men today are opting for cosmetic treatments these days. Some do it purely for a confidence boost while others claim that it helps them achieve success in their careers.
Top Cosmetic Treatments For Men
These are among the five most popular procedures that men turn to for cosmetic enhancement:
- Liposuction: Though liposuction usually sees female customers, men have also begun lining up for this method of fat removal. Liposuction involves removing fat that cannot be eliminated through traditional methods such as exercise or diet. The procedure involves identifying areas with stubborn fat and then making small surgical incisions in those very areas. After which, small tubes are inserted inside, through which, the excess fat is sucked out.
- Blepharoplasty: Blepharoplasty or Eyelid surgery is a procedure that involves fixing droopy eyelids. This particular procedure attracts mostly middle aged and older men who suffer from droopy eyelids caused by their aging process. The procedure involves making incisions along the eyelids, both upper and lower. After which, excess fat as well as sagging muscles and skin are removed. The incisions are then closed using precise techniques that prevent the surgery scars from looking obvious.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: BOTOX treatments use a toxin derived from a bacterium known as ‘claustridium botulinum’ to reduce signs of aging. This toxin can be fatal when consumed orally. However, it is highly effective in eliminating wrinkles and lines on the face. It is injected in minute doses into the skin. After which, it prevents the nerves from sending signals to the facial muscles. The muscles become paralyzed and result in fewer wrinkles being formed, ultimately helping the patient look younger.
- Laser hair removal: This procedure involves using a laser beam to remove excess hair on the patient’s skin.
- Microdermabrasion: Microdermabrasion involves using minute particles to exfoliate the patient’s skin. It results in healthier looking skin and reduces the signs of aging.
Looking To Refresh Your Appearance? Contact Drs. Potozkin And Brar
For more information about facial fillers or any of the other cosmetic procedures we offer, contact Drs. Potozkin and Brar to schedule a consultation. Our offices are located in Danville, proudly accommodating the Walnut Creek area. You can reach us at (925)272-2695, we look forward to serving you.