Eat Your Way to Better Skin
As you age, your body’s ability to produce collagen reduces, paving the way for the development of fine lines and wrinkles. Your body needs nutrients from food and beverages you consume to repair skin cells, as well as replace damaged cells. Eating certain foods is one effective way to protect your skin and maximize its elasticity, helping to reduce the signs of aging and plumping up your skin for a more youthful appearance. Check out some of the best foods for boosting collagen production and improving skin elasticity.
- Foods like soy milk and cheese contain genistelin, a hormone in the soya plant known for improving collagen production. And the antioxidants found in soya protect the skin by curbing the production of free radicals that can cause skin damage.
- This leafy vegetable is well known for its collagen producing properties. That’s because it’s loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that promote skin hydration and elasticity.
- Packed with omega-3 fatty acids (which are essential fatty acids for your body), flaxseeds are good for advancing collagen production, as well as reducing the risk of developing skin cancer.
- For skin elasticity, incorporate beans into your diet. Beans have hyaluronic acid, which holds water that helps plump your skin, keeping it smooth and pliable. They also promote healthy skin growth and a firmer skin tone.
- Fruits and vegetables. Fruits that are red like apples, cherries, and strawberries are known to increase collagen. Similarly, red vegetables like beets, peppers, and potatoes have the same effect. These types of fruits and vegetables contain lycopene, an antioxidant that helps slow the aging process and improves the skin’s appearance.
- Green and black olives both contain collagen-forming Sulphur, which is known to minimize oily skin and acne, and prevent blocked pores.
- Oranges and lemons, in particular, contain collagen-producing Vitamin C, an antioxidant known reducing the formation of wrinkles. Other fruits rich in Vitamin C that is good for skin include strawberries, pineapples, and papaya.
Are you interested in learning more about the best foods for beautiful skin?
Category: Skin Care Treatment