What You Can Do Right Now for Better Skin
Regardless of your current age, you may question what you can do to manage the aging process. In many cases, the focus of age-management lies in appearance. There is something appealing about smooth, supple skin, about eyes that reflect inner vibrancy. In our Danville office, we routinely perform treatments aimed at prolonging youthfulness. Here, we want to discuss what this may look like at every age.
Strategies for gorgeous skin can begin even before the signs of age appear. During this decade, healthy skin may be supported with:
- A balanced diet that includes fresh fruits and vegetables. Foods like avocado contain biotin, and leafy greens are rich in antioxidants that inhibit premature aging.
- Good sun-care habits that include wearing broad-spectrum sunscreen daily. NO tanning beds!
- Limited consumption of alcohol.
- Professional skin care to exfoliate dead cells and encourage collagen production. Think chemical peels, microdermabrasion, and fractional laser treatments.
- Some twenty-somethings are even obtaining Botox injections to prevent the early onset of frown lines, crow’s feet, and other concerns.
By the time we reach age thirty, we’ve already begun to lose vital collagen in the skin. Thirty-somethings want to continue practicing good sun-protection on a daily basis, and may also incorporate professional treatments such as:
- Soft tissue fillers to reduce smile lines or to keep lips plump.
- Sculptra injectable filler may be used to promote longer lasting collagen production.
- Laser and light treatments keep the signs of UV damage to a minimum.
- Neuromodulators such as Botox reduce frown lines and may be used to lift the brow.
- Exfoliating treatments remove surface debris and maximize the penetration of skin care products.
- Fractional laser treatments reduce UV damage such as sun spots and laxity.
- Ultherapy promotes elasticity and skin tightness with gentle ultrasound energy.
- Eyelids may be rejuvenated with injectables or, if necessary, minor eyelid surgery.
- Lower face sagging may be minimized by replacing volume in the cheeks (dermal fillers).
- More severe jowls may be corrected with a minimally-invasive Silhouette Instalift.
Fifties and Beyond
- Skin texture and tone can be addressed simultaneously with appropriate laser treatments.
- Routine care may incorporate microdermabrasion a few times a year.
- Sculptra treatments promote collagen production and restore more youthful facial contouring for up to two years.
- Eyelid surgery significantly reduces the appearance of age with minimal downtime.
- Photofacial treatments reduce hyperpigmentation for younger-looking skin.
Whatever your current age or cosmetic concerns, we can create a custom skincare regimen to fit your needs. Call 925-838-4900 to begin your anti-aging process.