Top Questions about Juvéderm®
Today, there are many options available for patients who want to look younger. Despite the many anti-aging treatments now available, the dermal filler Juvéderm® remains among the most popular treatments for patients today.
Let’s take a look at some of the most important things to know about this popular dermal filler.
- What is Juvéderm? Juvéderm is an injectable gel used to restore lost volume to the skin, eliminating the appearance of severe wrinkles and folds on the face. Juvéderm is primarily composed of hyaluronic acid, a substance found naturally in skin that adds volume and hydration to the face. Juvéderm can be used to add volume and fullness to almost any area of the face, including the cheeks and lips.
- What will the procedure entail? Juvéderm is administered non-surgically, and requires no anesthesia. First, the doctor will numb the targeted area, and then will use a fine needle to inject Juvéderm under the skin. The gel will then fill in wrinkles and folds, restoring a fuller, more refreshed appearance. Juvéderm injections will only take about 15 minutes to complete.
- Are there any side effects? Side effects associated with Juvéderm are generally mild and temporary. Some notable side effects might include redness, swelling, bruising, and skin discoloration, which can be minimized by using ice packs. Strenuous exercise should also be avoided for 24 hours following treatment.
- How long does Juvéderm last? How long the effects of these injections last usually depends on the individual patient. In most cases, however, patients can expect the results of the injections to last around 6 months. Patients often schedule return visits so that they can maintain these results longer.
- Am I a good candidate for Juvéderm? Patients who have a history of severe allergies or are currently pregnant are usually not considered good candidates for this procedure. The best candidates are those who simply want to improve their appearance for personal reasons, and are realistic about what this treatment can do for them.
Juvéderm Treatment in Danville
If you want to learn more about Juvéderm, or any of the other services we offer, contact us today to schedule a consultation. Our offices are located in Danville, proudly accommodating the Walnut Creek area. You can reach us at (925)272-2695 today. We look forward to serving you!